custom background

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Starting out...


Ceud mile failte!

That’s Scottish gaelic for “A hundred thousand welcomes”
 
Welcome to my blog! I’m Cathi, an omnivore foodie who enjoys creativity in the kitchen. I began creating my own recipes and adapting existing recipes shortly after my oldest child was diagnosed with food allergies. We now avoid all tree nuts, peanuts, and eggs. I appreciate vegetarianism and veganism, so many of my recipes will feature non-meat & non-dairy ingredients or options. I revel in the changes of the seasons and love to eat what’s in season and locally whenever possible. Support your local farmers markets! Due to loving fresh veggies and allergy safety, many of my recipes are made from scratch or mostly scratch. That said, I’m not a purist, and some of my recipes will feature pantry staples that combine for super quick meal options. Sometimes you're hungry NOW and other times it's worth it to savor a meal that needs to simmer or stew for awhile.

I have a Celtic heritage – Scottish, Irish, British – so many of my recipes will celebrate my roots. I particularly have a soft spot & passion for Scotland. The thistle is their national flower and I chose to highlight it in my blog name. My family has enjoyed attending Scottish Highland games all over the US - Alma, MI; Los Angeles, CA; Milwaukee, WI; Davenport, IA; St. Thomas Beach, ME; Lincoln, NH. Bagpipe music makes my soul hum (and usually my ears too.)  I will offer some commentary on Celtic & Scottish holidays. And I’m rather adventurous in my cooking and tastes, so foods from different countries and/or cultures are included in my repertoire. My kids are wicked picky eaters and are not yet fans of all my cooking; however, I try to make my recipes inviting for all ages. My hubby is my #1 fan. 

I relish feedback and invite whatever adaptations you may try out.  

Ith gu leòir!
That’s Scottish gaelic for "Eat Plenty"


No comments:

Post a Comment